A lantern with colorful light would certainly be interesting for a children's room. And of course, it will be very valuable when it is made from recycled material and made by yourself.
It's fun and easy to make.
See the tutorial then make your own idea. We'll be very pleased to see you work by tagging us at instagram @kreskros.id and use hashtag #DIYkreskrosplasticycle.
Okay, let's see the tutorial first, then make your own.
Tools and Materials :
- used transparent plastic bottle
- high density (HD) plastic (you may substitute with other type of plastic and choose your favorite color)
- LED lamp (We choose the coloerful rays. One color is okay, we suggest for warm color)
- 2 colors cable, at the pict we use white and green (choose the thin one)
- battery holder + battery
- electric switch
- glue (will be faster using glue gun)
- pencil or ballpoint
1. Connect the green and white cables to the each cables on battery holder.
2. Cut the green cable in half and peel the edges.
3. Connect one end to the first terminal of the switch, and connect the other end to the second terminal on the same switch.
4. Peel both wires (not cut), white and green, at the center of almost the tip.
5. Twist on each of the same lights.
6. Then twist the end of the cable on the next lamp leg.
7. Install the battery and make sure the light is on.
8. Close all the coils with masking tape.
1. Cut the body of plastic bottle 10cm from below. (you may make your own size)
2. insert the lamp circuit into the bottle, and stick the battery holder on the inside wall of the bottle.
3. Give a hole for the switch on the bottle wall as well, then plug the switch. Some switches need glue to install it, some other don't.
4. Wrap the outside of the bottle using HD plastic. We choose asymmetrical shapes that resemble clouds. You can choose other shapes, such as sticking a neatly woven pattern, or creating colorful horizontal stripes.
5. Give 4 holes on the top side of the bottle with face to face position.
6. Place the yarn on the bottle and tie the top end on the chopsticks.
A simple lantern with colorful ray making process has done. You can put it at your favorite position at your room. Switch off your lamp, and see how beautiful your lantern!
Make your own version and share with us. Tag our instagram at @kreskros.id and use hashtag #DIYkreskrosplasticycle
For any questions and requests, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org