A chic clock from plastic waste has been designed to make your home more stylish. A harmonious blend of recycle, design, and simplicity. And the good thing is, this lamp can be made by yourself. Fast and easy!
Create your own wall clock by learning this tutorial and combining it with your creativity. We will be very glad you can make it and upload it on instagram. Tag us at @kreskros.id by using hashtag #DIYkreskrosplasticycle.
Let's learn the tutorial.
Tools and Materials :
- High density (HD) plastic / grocery plastic bag (choose your favorite color)
- 3mm plywood
- fabric (you can substitute with paint or paper)
- clockwise & clockwork
- baking paper
- glue (which is friendly for plastic)
1. Cut the plywood the way you want it. For you who make a circle shape, the standard diameter is 28cm, but it's all up to you.
2. Give a hole in the center of the clock with diameter of approximately 6mm using a cutter (you may choose drill if you have, but using cutter is also easy).
3. Take HD plastic, cut the base and the 'ear', then spread the plastic.
4. Pile 2-4 sheets of plastic as thick as desired, then tuck it between the baking paper.
5. Iron the baking paper. Start from the lowest temperature, gradually to the hottest. Make sure both sides of plastic (top and bottom) are well ironed.
6. Take the plastic that has been fused, make sure the size of plastic is still larger than playwood.
7. Stick the fabric on the plywood as you wish. Stick also the backside to center neatly. (you can replace this fabric with paint or other material)
8. Cut one side of the plastic, then stick it also on the plywood with piling on the cloth. Do not forget to tidy up the backside
9. Cover the back side of the plywood with cardboard, paper, cloth, or ironed plastic to make it more presentable.
10. Give a hole in the middle
11. Install clockwork and clockwise
12. Put yarn by slipping it between clockwork and plywood (the easiest way to hang a work, you can use your own way).
Put your own handmade clock at your favorite place. Don't forget to share also to your friend and family how to make it, or ask them to make together.
We can't wait for your great work! Don't forget to tag us @kreskros.id at your instagram and use hashtag @DIYkreskrosplasticycle
Anything you want to ask, feel free to contact us at email@example.com